Refund for 1PW iOS

From the many discussions I understand that real synching between Win7 1PW and iOS is impossible. 1PWeverywhere via DropBox is not a solution as DropBox is notoriously insecure.

Unfortunately I motivated my wife to purchase 1PW for iOS on her iPad yesterday just to learn about the synching problems the hard way.

How can she get a refund for her purchase of 1PW for iOS? Please inform.

I am also wondering if anybody can recommend a 1PW alternative for WIN7 PCs.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014

real synching between Win7 1PW and iOS is impossible.

Dropbox is real sync'ing; I've been using it to sync my personal 1Password data among my PCs, Macs, and iOS devices for several years. 1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development, includes an option for manual sync'ing over wi-fi between your PC and a mobile device. (Being a manual process, it'll be less convenient than Dropbox, of course.)

1PWeverywhere via DropBox is not a solution

1PasswordAnywhere is not intended to be a sync solution. 1PasswordAnywhere simply provides "view and copy" access to your login credentials when you're away from your computer or other device where you have 1Password installed.

DropBox is notoriously insecure

Of course, your 1Password data is accessible only to someone who knows your master password; if a copy is stored on your private dropbox.com web site, that person would also have to have your login credentials for Dropbox, so your data is doubly protected there.

How can she get a refund for her purchase of 1PW for iOS?

If you're unwilling to use Dropbox and unable to wait for the wi-fi sync option in 1Password 4 (or unhappy with 1Password for any reason, for that matter), you can obtain a refund for 1Password for Windows by contacting us at support@agilebits.com. Refunds for apps purchased in Apple's iTunes App Store (like sales there) are handled exclusively by Apple. I'm sorry that I don't know the details of how to go about obtaining a refund there, but I imagine the process is documented in iTunes help.

a 1PW alternative

Roboform is a well established Windows-centric password management tool with a good reputation, except in the area of cross-platform compatibility.

Thank you for trying 1Password, @kaylog!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014

DropBox is notoriously insecure

Dropbox + 1Password is secure

http://blog.agilebits.com/2014/01/12/dropbox-breach-hoax-1password-security-master-password/

(provided you have a strong master password)

This discussion has been closed.