Secure notes being blank on iPad, iPod Touch, but intact on Mac

Options
oldluddite
oldluddite
Community Member

When I have tried to look up Secure notes on my iPad or iPod Touch, the title of the note is there, but there is no note. Sometimes a pdf that I attached to that note is there, but no note. Pretty much all the notes are blank, except for the title; and that makes them useless... I did set up wifi syncing with the iPad with the iMac 1 Password open; all that did was erase the notes on the Mac. I had to restore from a backup to get them back.
Am running latest version on both iPad Air and iMac.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @oldluddite,

I'm so sorry to hear you're having difficulty getting things synced up! When you restored from a backup, did they appear correctly on both your iPad and iMac? If not, I'm going to need just a bit more information from you:

• Please provide the version numbers of 1Password on both devices and the version number of your operating system
    • You mention enabling Wi-Fi sync - what were you using previously to keep everything synced up?
    • If you edit a Secure Note on your Mac (say, add a bit of extra text), does the note show up correctly on your iOS devices once sync has occurred?

The more information we can get about the situation, the quicker we'll be able to come to a solution. Thanks so much for your patience :)

• oldluddite
    oldluddite
    Community Member
    Options

Mavericks 10.9.1
    1Password 4.1.3
    1Password 4.3.2
    tried the wifi as the dropbox version led me to this.
    that, as mentioned was not useful.
    adding text does not sync right; blank on the iPad.
    Some notes are coming thru, but copied twice.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @oldluddite,

If your database is intact, notes and all on your Mac, let's try resetting Dropbox sync.

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle Dropbox to OFF.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Reboot the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable Dropbox. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync. It should work this time.

This discussion has been closed.