bug + further changes needed when app switching

Options
slicedbread
slicedbread
Community Member
edited January 2014 in Android

Just joined the beta and immediately ran to try it out. For me it seems stable at the moment but definitely feels like a beta as the UI needs work still.

One change I would like: when switching between apps for the 1PW app preview image to be obscured like it is in iOS. Currently in the android app switcher your last position/screen in the app is displayed persistently, and only changes to the quick unlock keypad once you decide to go back into 1PW. On iOS once you've switched out to another app, the preview image becomes the 1PW logo. I prefer the privacy offered in the iOS method.

android

iOS

A bug I found was when trying to add a new entry using on the 1PW android beta. (Coincidentally it was when trying to create a new login for this forum that I discovered it!)

I tried to create a new login with the random pw generator, and copied this random pw to the clipboard. However I hadn't saved this entry yet as I wanted to switch to chrome and test that the pw worked before saving it. I switched to chrome and created my account with the new pw and logged in successfully. I switched back to 1PW beta to save this entry, however after entering my quick unlock code this entry had been wiped. I was at a fresh "add entry" page but my previously completed login/pw/website fields were blank.

I've tested this a few times, and whenever I put info into fields but don't save them and switch to another app, entering 1PW beta again (and having to enter the quick unlock code) wipes any unsaved changes. This is also true for when the screen times-out and you wake the phone, unsaved info is gone.

This isn't the behaviour in iOS - even with "lock on exit" and thus triggering the quick unlock code, when you leave the app whilst still editing and come back to it your changes are still there.

Comments

• slicedbread
    slicedbread
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

I just did some further testing, by disabling "Lock on Exit" so that the quick unlock requirement isn't immediately triggered when quickly switching apps.

Even when leaving and reopening 1PW that was in edit mode, any changed but unsaved fields are wiped to default (blank) when you re-enter the app.

• We definitely want to be aware of any behavioural differences between the Android beta and the iOS app. Our goal is to keep the 1Password user experience as consistent as possible across both platforms while still allowing for the unique characteristics of each platform. I am happy to say that we are already working on the issue of the preview image displaying login items during app switching (great minds think alike). However, the clearing of fields in unsaved items during edit mode is new to me. I will brink this up with our development team. Thank you and keep the feedback coming!

This discussion has been closed.