App doesn't read exported .1pif files from Mac?

Firehawk
Firehawk
Community Member

This app will obviously not be of much use unless I can share data between the laptop and Android.

Comments

• Hi @Firehawk!

.1pif file is a 1Password Interchange File that is used to export and import your data from one computer to another. It's not actually your data file. You will need a copy of 1Password on your Mac or Windows PC to import this file into your agilekeychain (data file).

Is your laptop a Mac or Windows computer? Do you already have 1Password installed on it and set up? If not, I would be happy to provide you with instructions on setting this up so you are able to sync your data across your laptop and Android device.

• Firehawk
    Firehawk
    Community Member

My computer is a laptop Mac and I have 1Password installed on it.

• Awesome! Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+androidbeta@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Firehawk
    Firehawk
    Community Member

I found the answer after Googling. Obviously, the app needs to have instructions included re. that the Keychain must be available in the "cloud" via Dropbox (or otherwise) to sync. Also, those setup instructions on the Agilebits site are centered on Mac v. 3, and not 4. The settings are found in a different spot in v. 4 than in v.3. This procedure is not exactly intuitive without reading that how-to and then hunting for the correct setting in a different spot other than "General settings."

That said, the app has only downloaded 180 items when I have thousands in my keychain in Dropbox.

• I've added your comments to the list of requests for additional sync options such as WiFi or local file system sync. Our development team reviews and evaluates these requests regularly.

As for the app only downloading 180 items from your Dropbox, does that number change after successive syncs? Or does it always stay at 180 items?

This discussion has been closed.