Feeling ripped off

AndreB
AndreB
Community Member

I bought the upgrade for my version of 1password on OSX a couple of weeks ago, after carefully reading through this document: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/transition.html I thought it would be a single expense for now, but since 1password 3 on iphone does not sync anymore using dropbox and you removed the wifi syncing there's no way to sync with that device any longer.

Does 1Password 4 still sync with 1Password 3?

Does it ever! 1Password 4 continues to offer Dropbox syncing across all supported platforms (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and Windows Phone 7). Not only that, but Dropbox syncing is faster than ever before. After double-checking with our benchmarking expert, the exact number was “double infinity” faster. (Our benchmarking expert may or may not be one of our lead developer’s small children.) In addition to Dropbox syncing, 1Password 4 now supports iCloud syncing across iOS devices.

this pretty much advertised it to be still working after upgrading. A couple of days ago I had an emergency where I could not use my macbook with 1password4, so I used the 1password app on my iphone looking forward to see my lately added and updated passwords sitting there, waiting for me. But you failed me with an error:

1password failed to begin dropbox sync this app uses a version of dropbox integration

thanks for not telling me in the first place that this ain't possible any longer but making me buy your upgrade, which forces me now to buy the new version on my iphone (where I barely use 1password) too.

Comments

• AndreB
    AndreB
    Community Member

just so you don't get me wrong: I was willing to pay for an upgrade, as you can see - I did it. I even bought the 5 seat license, I did everything a good customer which is happy with the product should have done, but you are now asking for an additional 16 EUR for the IOS app which you promised on your website would not be necessary. Other people would consider this as fraud.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

This is likely small comfort to you, but what the post means is that 1Password 3 for OS X will sync with 1Password 4 for iOS, not the reverse.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AndreB,

I'd like to apologize for the confusion here. We certainly didn't mean to mislead you. As @hawkmoth mentions, the document you were reading was with respect to the iOS upgrade from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4. You'll notice in the paragraph prior to the one you quoted, it mentions that 1Password 4 (at that time) was not yet available for Mac. :)

We can, however, keep 1Password 3 for iOS in sync with 1Password 4 for Mac if you would prefer not to upgrade at this time. Our Wi-Fi sync is different between version 3 and version 4, but if we install 1Password 3 as an intermediary, we can easily keep your database updated in 1Password 3 for iOS. Here's what to do:

If this sounds like a viable solution to you and you no longer have your 1Password 3 license handy, please let me know and I'd be happy to locate it in our back office records.

This discussion has been closed.