Trouble with downloading/running latest beta

Options
sugar
sugar
Community Member

Received email stating V4.0.0b7 ready to download. I'm about a week or so late thanks to Xmas Holidays.

On my Android Tablet with Jellybean 4.2 I can get to the Hockeyapp site and can see the appropriate page to download but there is no download button. I go to the same page on my iMac and there it is over on the right.

I thought maybe I had to register with hockeyapp to allow me to see it but it didn't change anything.

I can download it from my iMac, I can email it to my Android but Android cannot do anything with the attached file.

So, at this stage, no 1Password4 on my Android Tablet. If someone has a cunning plan, please let me know.

Maybe I had a little too much Christmas Spirit/s and the brain cells haven't recovered yet. I don't know.

[Added Note] I just tried to my HTC 1, no problems.

Cheers,

Sugar

Comments

• kealer
    kealer
    Community Member
    Options

I can download it from my iMac, I can email it to my Android but Android cannot do anything with the attached file.

• I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble installing the beta. I would like to help you get it installed, but first I need to ask you a couple of questions:

1. Have you enabled installation from unknown sources? (Settings -> Security -> check box beside 'Unknown Sources') This allows apps to be installed from outside of the Google Play store.
    2. Have you tried saving the file to the file system (eg. the Downloads folder) and trying to launch it from there?
    3. Are you experiencing any error messages when you attempt to launch the file?

Looking forward to helping you resolve this.

• sugar
    sugar
    Community Member
    Options

Hey mverde, thanks for your help.

1. Unknown sources already enabled

2. I have emailed the file, which was downloaded with my iMac, to my Android device. I can see the attachment called 1P4Android_20131229.apk, it is 2MB in size. The info button shows that it "There is no app that can open this attachment. Try downloading an appropriate app from the Android Market". It won't let me save the file to anywhere so I'm gonna try to see if I can download it from Hockeyapp with Firefox instead.

3. Only the message in 2 above.

Cheers,

Sugar

• sugar
    sugar
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

It looks like the stock standard browser that comes with Jellybean 4.2 has an issue with some sites when it comes to showing any downloads. I think it might just be a setting that I haven't discovered yet.

Firefox gave me no issues, I could see the download, downloaded it, ran it and everything is hunkeydory.

Now all I have to do is load my 1Password data on, my iMac, to Dropbox before attempting to run up the bata but everything is looking good.

Thanks Mverde.

Cheers,

Sugar

• I'm glad that you were able to get the beta installed. Let me know if you encounter any other issues.

This discussion has been closed.