No local filesystem sync?

Options
Jay Janssen
Jay Janssen
Community Member

I sync my 1password db with Bittorrent Sync directly to the device storage on my android, but I see no option to choose (or change) where my 1password file already is on my device (nor can I immediately find it if I create a new one). This is a step backwards from the reader app, IMO.

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback. You are right that currently the Android beta does not provide a local filesystem sync option. We have had this requested by a few folks, and as a result are looking at the possibility of adding it in an updated beta release.

• Jay Janssen
    Jay Janssen
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I look forward to it. Until then, it's 1Password reader for me.

• KellyG
    KellyG
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jay Janssen, I hope you stay subscribed to the newsletter so you know if we add that feature. You sound like you'd be a really good tester for it. :)

• Jay Janssen
    Jay Janssen
    Community Member
    Options

@KellyG: Of course!

• lseufer
    lseufer
    Community Member
    Options

Same here!

• celogeek
    celogeek
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I also use btsync to keep my 1Password.agilechainkey directory sync. I have stop using Dropbox since.

As a temporary solution, on my server, I have add my btsync directory in the dropbox directory. So I have btsync and dropbox up to date.

But I really want this feature for Android, and as a result the sync feature could be really faster.

• Hi @celogeek! Thanks for your feedback and thanks for sharing your workaround. I know it's not the best solution at the moment, but I can promise you we are definitely looking into local file sync.

• mort
    mort
    Community Member
    Options

When I opened the beta the first time I directly had to close it again.
    With no local storage possibility, 1Password is a No-Go for me.
    Dropbox is not an option, for me a local manual-sync-option is a MUST-HAVE-feature. Thanks for thinking about it.

• saad
    Options

Sorry for the initial disappointment @mort. Thanks for letting us know you would like to see this in a future update. I'll add your up vote for this feature request.

• mort
    mort
    Community Member
    Options

In the past I always chose to use a wifi-file-transfer to just update my 1password-folder on the smartphone, once in a while. That was totally satisfying and sufficiently for me. Sorry for my harsh reaction, but 1password data is just the last thing of data I want to see in the cloud. ;) Thank you for counting me as a +1.

• Sacred_Brindle
    Sacred_Brindle
    Community Member
    Options

+1

@celogeek - love the ingenuity for the workaround, nice job.
    If you come up with a way around DB vs. having them work together please let me know. I'd love to get the beta installed, but I don't place anything of "value" (encrypted to the max or otherwise) on known compromised software/services. I know GDrive is not technically any better (per se), but Google already has so much info regarding us & our online/phone behaviors, that my password to WhoCaresIfIManscape.com is the least of my worries. :)

• saad
    Options

Hi @mort, I completely understand your concern. :)

Just like I was saying here, this is one of the most requested feature. Our developers are currently looking into it, thanks for your up vote!

This discussion has been closed.