Quick Thoughts

alamarco
alamarco
Community Member

I'm sure a few of these have been talked about, but I'm giving my input so far after using the beta for a few days.

1) Quick Jump: The old 1Password Reader had a quick jump to different letters to help speed up locating passwords. You could click the 'T' to quickly jump to the passwords starting with a 'T'. I don't see this in the new beta and I hope this can be re-added into the app. The old 1Password Reader had it at the bottom, but it doesn't have to go back there. It can go at the bottom, at the side, etc.

2) Interactions: The iOS app allows you to interact by holding onto the password instead of pressing a designated area. Having to interact with a menu on the right is a little cumbersome and doesn't really look good design wise. The interactions include copy and paste, deleting, editing, etc. This area needs to be brought up to par with the iOS app.

3) Notifications: The option to turn off notifications does not work. I see the option under Settings >> Security >> Notify Sync Completion. I have it turned off, but I still get notifications about Dropbox sync being complete.

4) Back button: I don't like how the app behaves when using the back button. The worst culprit is the Settings area. When in settings and you click back it exists the app. This functionality isn't common practice and goes against a friendly UI design. Unless you press the home key, you shouldn't be able to exit the app within the Settings. Using back in Settings should take you back to the app area you were last in, i.e. Favourites, Logins, etc.

Comments

• That's a great list of suggestions - thank you for the feedback! I've added all four of your points to the appropriate issues for our development team to discuss. Feel free to keep the comments coming.

• alamarco
    alamarco
    Community Member

One thing I forgot to mention with point 1 is that I believe this is a necessary feature. I personally have 500+ logins so being able to go directly to a letter saved me so much time in the old 1Password Reader. I'm sure others have similar amounts, if not more, so being able to jump would be a good saver.

• For the scrolling in the 1Password beta, we've used a scrollbar similar to what Google uses in the People app. With a long list of login items, such as what you have, you should see a scrollbar with a blue handle to the right of the list. If you tap and hold on this handle, a pop will appear next to the handle indicating the letter index that you are currently at. Dragging that handle will engage fast scrolling and display the current letter index as you go. Have you tried using this to move around your list?

This discussion has been closed.