Problem clicking on username/password/url in saved Login

Options
mark_l_sanders
mark_l_sanders
Community Member

I'm using Android 4.4.? on Nexus 5.

Having difficulty clicking on the little triangles on the right side of all info on each individual Login to access the options (Copy, Reveal, Login etc).

Works if I try enough times; this suggests to me that the clickable area of the button is simply not big enough.

Otherwise, first impressions are very good.

thanks

Mark

I use 1Password on Mac Desktop, iPhone, iPad, Nexus 5, fwiw.

Comments

• skyman375
    skyman375
    Community Member
    Options

Agree with this comment; please consider making the buttons larger

• We want this button to be easily clickable without requiring multiple attempts. I'll talk with our development team about fixing this. Thank you for the feedback and keep the suggestions coming!

• mark_l_sanders
    mark_l_sanders
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Obviously when I say 'click' I mean 'prod with my finger' ;)

• idangazit
    idangazit
    Community Member
    Options

This is my #1 issue with the beta. The tap target—which I have to use every single time I want to copy a password for pasting somewhere else—is impossibly small. It shouldn't be the triangle, it should be the entire width and height of the field. The obscured-password bullets are an obvious tap target, but from a usability perspective, it's better to be forgiving.

For a concrete example of this usability principle, check out Dan Saffer's book Microinteractions (O'Reilly). He cites the example of the NYC metrocard vending machine. It presents a giant "Touch here to start" button, but the reality is that the entire screen is the tap target for starting. The button merely reinforces the prompt in a visual fashion.

This is a primary flow in the app—all I use it for is copying passwords out for putting into other apps and websites. Right now it's a fiddly process. Make it stupid simple and fast.

• idangazit
    idangazit
    Community Member
    Options

edit: I'm not suggesting you make the entire screen a tap target for copying the password—just emphasizing that larger tap targets are easier to hit, and you want to make the primary action easy.

• We had a discussion this morning amongst our team and we're going to re-examine the tap targets from a usability stand point. This isn't something that will be addressed in beta 8, but we will be working on it for a coming beta release. Thanks for the continuing feedback!

• idangazit
    idangazit
    Community Member
    Options

@mverde: awesome, thanks. Feel free to ping me if you'd like to have a conversation about the subject—this happens to be my profession, and I wuv 1p very, very much. I'd be delighted to contribute to your success with the android app.

• By participating in the forums and identifying issues during the beta, you're already contributing to our success with the Android version. The issue is now in the hands of our designer and our lead developer. However, if they come to me look for additional input, I will be certain to point them your way. Thanks for your help!

This discussion has been closed.