Odd entry characters showing up on Logins page where user name would be after creating new login

Options
CyberDog
CyberDog
Community Member

I've been using the latest Android beta for a few weeks now with now major issues. Today I added a new login and simply specified the Login name, Username, Password and URL. After I saved the information and returned to the Logins screen it showed the new Login title correctly but then information that kind of looks like "soijsdfle1/soijwefoiwefioiwjef..." under the title instead of the username. If I open the Login entry and view the information it is all correct. I added a second Login entry and it worked correctly, showing the username I entered.

• Bill

Comments

• scotthair
    scotthair
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

I was just prompted to update to build 4.0.0b8. Running on LG G2.

When I create a new login record, the username and password are not saving or syncing using dropbox.

I tried saving and synching but the only thing that came through on the sync to my iPad was the record itself, record name, and URL. The username and password did not save or sync. I was able to modify/fix the record on the iPad where it did save and sync back to my android phone successfully. This is the first time in the beta this has happened so it must be with the latest build.

• scotthair
    scotthair
    Community Member
    Options

To further describe the issue, when I view the saved record locally, the username and password info is missing. I can then edit the record and re-add them and save. Then when I view the record again it shouted the username and password twice. Didn't sync either way.

• That doesn't sound like what we want. I'd like to help investigate this further. Could I get you to update to beta 8 and check to see if the problem still occurs? If the problem does still occur, could you please replicate it with dummy data and send me a screen shot of the login item in the logins list as well as a screenshot of the login detail view. Thanks in advance!

• CyberDog
    CyberDog
    Community Member
    Options

I just updated to b8 and still see the problem and it spans across a number of my logins. Fortunately when I open the login item the data inside still looks good. I'll see if I can get clean screenshot for you.

• Bill
  • scotthair
    scotthair
    Community Member
    Options

This happened to me too - only after I upgraded betas today. Cyberdog, you'll likely find that the data isn't syncing to other devices either. That is what happened to me. Also, when I go back into the new record I don't see the username or password at all in the record. So I edited it to re-add them which duplicated the info on the record. Not sure what's happening but I confirm I see this bug too. I too will try to get a screenshot if possible.

• scotthair
    scotthair
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

Here are some screenshots. It isn't showing the crazy string of characters for me anymore - it's just blank altogether.

• CyberDog
    CyberDog
    Community Member
    Options

I'm trying to replicate the issue with a test login but have not been able to yet. When I look at the odd characters displayed and then examine the corresponding .1password file I find the characters are coming from the "encrypted" field. Hopefully this helps.

• ReneK
    ReneK
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. Running 4.0.0b8 on a Samsung Note 3. It does not save login or passwords. Seems like a major bug to me...

• Thank you for digging a little further @CyberDog and thank you for the screenshots @scotthair. I will get our development team to look into this.

• I merged a similar thread into this one, since they both describe the same issue. Thank you for your patience while we look into this.

This discussion has been closed.