1Password does not autofill at BOA website

I have added my Bank of America username and password to my 1Password with 'auto-type' turned on. But when I get to the website in either ie or chrome, the username and password are not automatically entered. Am I doing something wrong or does it not work for BOA because of the multi-screen log-in process? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Note that the Auto-Type feature in the current release version of 1Password for Windows works in IE, only.

I can't test 1Password's ability to create a Login item for https://www.bankofamerica.com/ because I don't have a valid account there and can't get past the first screen.

Instead, I created a Login item (with fake ID and password) manually in the main 1Password program. When I clicked on the Location field, 1Password launched Chrome and went to https://www.bankofamerica.com/, but I had to press Ctrl+\ to fill in the ID field with my fake ID.

In IE, selecting the BoA Login item took me to the right address, but 1Password couldn't fill in the form because of the "cross-domain frame" problem:

If the developer of a site's login page decides to load content for the login form on that page from a different domain (for whatever the reason), Internet Explorer considers that a potential security risk and denies 1Password the ability to fill in the fields on that "cross-domain" form.

You can still copy your username and password from 1Password into the form, and you may be able to use the Auto-Type feature in 1Password for Windows to fill it.

I'm sorry we don't have a way around Microsoft's judgment on this issue.

My advice would be to use Chrome to visit the site, press Ctrl+\ to fill in the ID field, press Enter to submit the form and proceed to the next form (presumably to press Ctrl+\ again to fill in that form).

Again, without a BoA account, I can't test the subsequent login forms, so please let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.