Dropbox sync issue with password items

Options
mklassen
mklassen
Community Member

I recently convert a Password item to a Login item on my Mac, but when I sync my data via dropbox to 1Password on Android the item remains a Password item and does not become a Login item.

Comments

• I'm sorry to hear that your changes aren't syncing over to the 1Password on Android beta. Could you provide me with a little more information so that I can look into this for you? In particular, it would be helpful to know which version of 1Password you are running on your Mac and Android device. Also, do you have any other versions of 1Password on any other devices which are syncing to the same Dropbox account?

• mklassen
    mklassen
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

Android ver 4.0.0b8 (20140115) (Just updated and tested with this version)
    OS X Version 4.1.3 (413002)

No other devices are syncing with the Dropbox account.

The 1Password item does sync, i.e. changes in OS X are reflected in Android version, except that the item is a Password item instead of a Login item. These are the steps that I took:

1. Create a Password item in OS X.
    2. Sync with Android version via Dropbox. Item is created as a Password item in Android.
    3. Use "Convert to Login" for the Password item on OS X
    4. Sync with Android via Dropbox. Item is still a Password item.
    5. Change the contents of the Login item on OS X.
    6. Sync with Android via Dropbox. The contents of the Password item changes, but it is still a Password item and not a Login item.
  • mverde
    edited January 2014
    Options

Let's see if I understand you correctly...

1. You change a password item to a login item on your Mac.
    2. You can add extra fields to that login item on your Mac (eg. username, notes, etc).
    3. Any changes made above sync to your Android device and show up correctly.
    4. The item is still listed in the password items instead of the login items on Android.
    5. The icon still shows the combination wheel rather than a keyhole or the thumbnail for a website.

Are any of the above untrue?

• mklassen
    mklassen
    Community Member
    Options

All the above are true.

• Thanks for confirming that for me. I am going to bring this issue up with our development team.

This discussion has been closed.