Quick Unlock Bug

Options
EXX
EXX
Community Member
edited January 2014 in Android

I have Quick unlock enabled (autolock 2 minutes). I have seen the following issues:

1. Phone reboot: Need to enter BOTH the master password and the quick unlock
  2. Switching back to 1Password from another app: Must enter quick unlock code twice
  3. Switching back to 1Password after 1 hour or more: Don't need to enter anything.

Comments

• That sounds like some odd behaviour that you are observing. Could you please answer the following questions so that I can help identify the issue?

1. Which version of the beta are you currently using?
    2. If you are not using beta 8, could you update and try to reproduce the issue again?
    3. What device and OS version are you running 1Password beta on?

Thanks in advance!

• EXX
    EXX
    Community Member
    Options

Currently using the latest beta on an HTC One with the current software (Jellybean 4.3).

Definitely odd... not sure what's up with it.

• Do these issues happen repeatably or is only every so often? I haven't seen this on my devices yet, but it's possible that it's related to another issue that I've received reports of.

• EXX
    EXX
    Community Member
    Options

I would say periodically, although I can't quantify it specifically. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if I notice anything. The frequency seems to be somewhat reduced since upgrading to the latest beta...

• Thanks for keeping an eye out for the issue - we'll do the same on our end!

• jmoses
    jmoses
    Community Member
    Options

I repeatedly have to enter the master password then quick unlock code. It seems to be after it auto-locks due to the timeout, almost as if it locks on "expecting quick unlock pin", and goes back to that screen after the master password is entered.

• I will direct our development team to look specifically at how the app handles master password requirements after the quick unlock screen has engaged. Thanks for the additional detail @jmoses!

This discussion has been closed.