1PW3/1PW4 Chrome browser plugin issue

Options
MyITGuy
MyITGuy
Community Member

We purchased the 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle. The 1Password version for Mac is 4 and for Windows is 3. Both of these installations work correctly with the shared database, located on Dropbox.

When using a Google Account to synchronize extensions between systems with Chrome, issues are encountered:

• 1Password 4 browser extension requires the 1Password 4 application installed. Therefore, on a system with 1Password 3, the 1Password 4 extension fails to work. When opening Chrome on a system with 1Password 3, 1Password 4 attempts to locate the 1Password 4 application and fails.
  • 1Password 3 browser extension requires the 1Password 3 application installed. Therefore, on a system with 1Password 4, the 1Password 3 extension fails to work.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is 1Password 4 available for Windows? Maybe I'm missing something?

Cheers

Comments

• Hey @MyITGuy,

1Password 3 and 1Password 4 require a different version of the browser extension.

The only solution for this issue is to completely disable extension sync in Chrome and use the appropriate 1Password extension on each computer. Please go to chrome://settings/ and select Advanced Sync Settings. 'Sync Everything' is enabled by default. Click to 'Choose what to sync' and uncheck extensions.

1Password 4 for Windows isn't available yet, but is coming. Right now, it's undergoing beta testing.

Hope that helps! :)

• MyITGuy
    MyITGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @JasperP,

Thank you for the response.

The extension is the primary reason I use 1Password. I use a multitude of systems, from Linux to Windows, and need the synchronization of settings available in Chrome.

For now, I'll deal with the issue and look forward to seeing 1Password 4 for Windows.

Thank you, again.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.