Pre-Sales Questions

tshaka
tshaka
Community Member
edited January 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello to the mods!

You have what looks to be a very compelling product in this space. I'm coming from using eWallet for years and, quite frankly, I'm very happy with it. It is my wife who has had issues (duplicates with syncing due to her use case) and now, I'm looking at your product.

Your quality as it relates to cross-platform/OS utilization will definitely be getting a workout in our household. I use a MBP, my wife a MBA using Bootcamp for Windows7 (she never uses OSX). I'm using Android as my primary phone and she's using iOS but will be moving to a MotoX in a couple months or so.

Now, to the actual questions:

1. I see there is a lack of feature parity between your well executed OSX desktop version and the current Windows version. Do you have a loose timeline on when you may release your new Windows version? I really need the flexibility that the OSX version has as the Windows version is nowhere near up to the quality of the product we're coming from.

2. Sync conflict resolution. That is the only reason we're leaving eWallet... it doesn't handle sync conflicts any other way than creating duplicate record and it is driving the Mrs. mad. How does 1Password handle sync conflict if it ever does come up?

I've signed up for both your Android and Windows Betas and look forward to putting them through their paces once I receive the dl links. Thank you in advance for your responses!

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @tshaka.

1. Development tells me "it's safe to say that we will be releasing 1Password 4 for Windows this year."

2. We believe 1Password 4 should drive the number of sync conflicts to a new low.

If both of those seem vague, it's because (1) we never commit to a hard date or specific feature, because things happen, and we don't want to disappoint our fans by failing to meet a self-imposed deadline, and (2) things happen, and we don't want to disappoint our fans by failing to meet a self-imposed target.

• tshaka
    tshaka
    Community Member

Cute. Understood. I guess we'll have to let that 30 day trial lapse unless I make it into the beta by then. Can't spend the money if I can't know that all the fields I've been adding on the OSX version will sync across to the Windows version. I'll keep an eye on your public product updates until then.

Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

The fields you add in 1Password for Mac should, indeed, be sync'ed to (and recognized in) 1Password for Windows, and (for what it's worth) I'll advocate postponing release until that's true.

This discussion has been closed.