Popdown problem with today's update

Options
MichaelDurio
MichaelDurio
Community Member

OK. Before today's update (for 1Password app), I would click the browser extension button and, say, Google 1 would show for my primary Google account's sign-in choice. After today's update, the choice defaults to the "Google 3" entry, which is my least-used Google account. I then have to choose the right sign-in from the "5 more" option that appears in the browser popdown window for the 1Password extension. This is a time-waster and profoundly annoying. Is anyone else having this issue, and was it done on purpose by agilebits? If it is the wanted behavior, I'd like to know why this is preferred. I have the "Google 1" item in 1Password defined to be for my most-used Google account. Today's change makes it a PITA to select.

Comments

• Hey @MichaelDurio,

Since there has been no update to 1Password lately, I'm assuming that you're using the beta version (if so, it would be better to post in the beta forum next time).

From the 4.2.BETA-2 release notes:

• Changed URL matching to stricter and by default only match full domain names in 1Password mini.
    • Added the ability to expand 1Password mini's list to "Lenient URL matches" in 1Password > Preferences > Browser.

This is likely what's causing this behaviour for you.

This stricter URL matching will not display logins that don't match the subdomain. For example, if you are on accounts.google.com, a 1Password item with a URL of mail.google.com will not fill.

Either edit your Google logins to have the proper URLs or turn on Lenient URL matches in 1Password > Preferences > Browser.

Hope that helps. :)

• MichaelDurio
    MichaelDurio
    Community Member
    Options

@JasperP: sorry for posting in the wrong area. Should know better by now, but wasn't thinking. I'm trying your suggested solution. I did read the release notes (always do, because I'm always impressed with how much you all have been doing) but I didn't understand the implications of the strict matching. I will also look into the exact URLs I have in my 1P database and update to more specific URLs, since that's the way this seems to point. Thanks for the response!

This discussion has been closed.