Cleaning up Dropbox

Options
LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member

In addition to the 1Password folder I have in Dropbox, in the online version of Dropbox I have a file in the Dropbox root directory named: ".ws.agile.1password.settings" which does not appear on my Mac in the Dropbox folder. This file is dated nearly a year ago so it would seem it isn't necessary, but thought I'd ask before deleting it.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

Hey @LarryMcJ

The file you reference is just a pointer file to where your keychain is located. Its used by the mobile apps to locate your data file. Instead of having to know the actual path, all the mobile app needs to know is to locate the file and that file tell's 1Password mobile where to do the syncing to. aka the full data location path.

Its been said it may be going away, possibly with the multiple vaults feature but at current its asked to leave it intact. It should automatically regenerate if you happen to delete it. But I would leave things alone.

It shows online as Dropbox.com does not hide system files and it just displays all things in your Dropbox folder. On your Mac all system files aka starting with a period "." are hidden from view.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Tommy. I vaguely recalled reading something once about it being needed, so thought I'd better ask. Being an anal Taurus has cost me many woes over the years with deleting things I simply didn't want because they appeared extraneous :-) I didn't think to look, but I'm guessing it's also in my desktop Dropbox folder as well...only as a hidden file. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.