Catastrophic Problem

Options
blswhite
blswhite
Community Member

I have a licensed version of 1Password 4 version 4.2 BETA-2 (420002). Every time I try to open it I get a popup Problem Report for 2BUA8C452C.com.agilebits.onepasswold4-helper and iPassword does not open.

This is disastrous as it is the only record I have of all my passwords - website logons, software keys and most of all my bank accounts.

If 1Password is not absolutely reliable it is useless.
In future I will use another way of keeping my passwords (pen and paper), but I need to retrieve them in the first place.

Comments

• doctormo
    doctormo
    Community Member
    Options

Don't take this the wrong way but beta testing has some risk associated with it and I have gotten a few error reports also. You may want to download the last published version and see if it works better.

• blswhite
    blswhite
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks doctormo,

I will try that. Should have thought of it myself, but didn't.

• blswhite
    blswhite
    Community Member
    Options

Now I'm in real trouble. When I tried to install the last published version, the popup kept returning, so I uninstalled 1Password and installed the last published version. But now, the keychain seems to have gone and I don't know how to retrieve it using Time Machine.

• blswhite
    blswhite
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know how, but I was finally able to load a backup from Time Machine that worked. Thank goodness.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @blswhite,

I'm so glad you managed to sort things out! I'm sorry that it was a bit of a process for you, but please let us know if you run into any further snags - we'd be happy to help :)

This discussion has been closed.