Fresh install of Mavericks - keychain issues

Options
bigdad13
bigdad13
Community Member

I have seen some other posts that are very similar to my issue, but slightly different. If I am being redundant, I am sorry.

I did a "nuke and pave" with Mavericks on my early 2009 iMac (24-inch). After it was done, I installed DropBox and then 1Password. When I launched 1P for the first time I selected "I have used 1Password before" and selected the DropBox option. I found the 1Password folder and located the keychain file. When I entered my master password, it gave me an error saying it could not access the keychain file.

I have no issues using 1P on my iPhone, iPad or my MBP...just the 'nuked and paved' iMac.

I am having some other issues with the iMac (I doubt it is related). The computer tends to shut down unexpectedly. Knowing this, I am not able to poke around too much, and obviously I need to fix that before I worry too much about my 1P issues. :-)

Steve

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bigdad13,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having difficulties getting 1Password working on your nuked machine. Could you tell me exactly what this error message is telling you? If it's easier, you can take a screenshot. There are instructions on how to take a screenshot here: http://take-a-screenshot.org/. You can save the image to a service like Dropbox or Droplr and include a link in your reply.

Once we have a better idea of why it doesn't like your keychain we'll have a better idea of how to get that all sorted.

• bigdad13
    bigdad13
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, no problem on the delay. I have been researching a new Mac and will buy it in the coming days. Once I get tip and running, 1Password is the first thing I need to get up and running.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bigdad13,

Thanks so much for being understanding! A new Mac is a great Christmas/Chanukah/December present, and I'm glad to hear that 1Password is on your list of high-priority apps. :) If you run into any snags during setup, we're here to help!

• bigdad13
    bigdad13
    Community Member
    Options

Megan,

The new iMac is up and running. I am having an issue with 1P, but not the issue I was worried about in this thread. It involves data not appearing on my other installations (only on the machine used to create the data).

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @bigdad13.

I'm glad you've got your new iMac running but sorry to hear you're still having 1Password issues. We'll close this topic and followup to your new one here:

Missing sync data

This discussion has been closed.