iCloud stopped synching—Help!

Options
maschinsky
maschinsky
Community Member

Up until recently 1PW (4.1.3) iCloud synched my two Macs (10.9.1) perfectly. At some point in the recent past that stopped, even though both syched with iCloud or at least did not report an error message. Changes from the MacBookPro didn't come thru on the MacPro and vice versa. I did was seemed most logical to me: stopping synch on both 1PWs and had them delete the data on iCloud. Then I activated the MacPro's synch again and waited. 1Password made a folder in "~/Library/Mobile Documents" and it's only 1,5 MB in size which is suspicious, because I got over 700 items in the program, most with logos.

On the other machine a agile-folder appears in "~/Library/Mobile Documents", but it's just 12KB in size and 1Password on the MacBookPro says it's synching, but nothing appears.

Please help!

Comments

• Blond
    Blond
    Community Member
    Options

I'm finding the data stored in iCloud much smaller than the data stored on my Mac. I have to be cautious because maybe I'm not comparing apples with apples. I intend to buy iPad version shortly so will be able to check cross syncing but I'm waiting for Agilebits to catch up with a few technical queries first.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @maschinsky,

I'm so sorry to hear that iCloud sync hasn't been working for you right now.

and it's only 1,5 MB in size which is suspicious, because I got over 700 items in the program, most with logos.

Please note that unless you are using custom icons, the Login icons are not stored with your data. They are pulled remotely from a server, so they will not be adding to your file size.

Now let's try resetting sync again:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle iCloud to OFF.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Reboot the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices. Please note that this step is really important: iCloud sync is a closed system to us. We are not able to initiate a sync, so patience is necessary here :)

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

This discussion has been closed.