What Information to Expect From Dropbox vs. Passwords Preferences.

Options
AShearer
AShearer
Community Member

I have been able to get 1Pass to work pretty effectively with two Macs, two iPads and one phone. So; not a complaint at all. I did manage to totally bork one of my Mac's by messing around with terminal, and had to restore. Not sure that has any bearing on this, but I see that; 1Pass presences shows a sync with Dropbox within seconds of when I invoke the presences pane, but the "date modified" in Dropbox folder shows a date that is almost two weeks ago? Which date / time is accurate? Is it normal to think that Dropbox would show the last "modified date" as the date on which the file 1Password.agilekeychain was "modified or updated, i.e. synced? I have not made changes in my logins and cannot see a difference on my iPad version for example? Just wondering. Which report should be "trusted" if that's the right term?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AShearer,

I'm glad to hear that 1Password is working well for you, for the most part. :) Now, don't worry too much about the modified date on the 1Password.agilekeychain file. This is because your 1Password.agilekeychain is not actually a file - it is a bundle of files. When a Login is updated in your database, an entry inside this bundle will be updated, not the bundle itself. To view these individual files, right-click on your 1Password.agilekeychain and select 'Show Package Contents'. The files inside this bundle will show more accurate modified dates.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you require any further clarification.

This discussion has been closed.