something went wrong in upgrading to 1Password 4 for Mac

Options
swerk
swerk
Community Member

I tried to upgrade to 1Password 4 for Mac. Now when I click on "About 1Password", it indicates that I have version 4.1.2 (412009). But when I click on the Safari toolbar menu icon for 1Password (the icon that looks like a key), nothing whatsoever shows. It used to be that all my logins would show. Now nothing. I can still access my logins when I go to the 1Password icon in my dock. So 2 questions: 1. Did I successfully upgrade to 1Password 4 for Mac? 2. How do I get my log in info to show up when I click on the Safari toolbar menu icon for 1Password?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Did you install the new version 4 Safari extension? If not, go to Preferences > Browser Install Browser Extensions.

Stephen

• swerk
    swerk
    Community Member
    Options

In trying your suggestion, I went to Safari - Preferences, but I didn't see a Browser, Install Browser Extensions option. I arrived at a box with options such as General, Tabs, Autofill, etc. One of the options was Extensions. 1Password was one of the Extensions listed there. When I clicked on that, it showed version 3.9.20 of 1Password and gave me the option of uninstalling it. By the way I am running OSX 10.8.5.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

If you are running that version of the extension, it won't work properly with 1Password 4. It belongs with 1P 3. You should uninstall it. Then open the main 1Password application, then go to the 1Password menu and chose the option to install browser extensions. That will take you the the page to download the proper version and you can go from there.

Do be certain to uninstall the old extension first.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

To be entirely clear, the Preferences > Browser Install Browser Extensions in my post above referred to 1Password preferences not Safari preferences. I'm sorry that was not clear.

Stephen

• swerk
    swerk
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you both very much. Based on your recommendations I was able to successfully complete my upgrade.

This discussion has been closed.