Using iOS WiFi Sync to iPhone to keep 2 Macs in Sync

Options
jasper2014
jasper2014
Community Member

I'm using 1PW 4.1.3 Mac and 1PW iOS (most current version as of 01/28/14). Love the apps. I currently use folder sync to a USB flash drive to keep my home and office Mac computers in Sync, and use WiFi sync to my iPhone. I don't want to use folder sync to Dropbox or other Cloud storage; I want my data off the cloud.

Question: Instead of folder sync to my USB drive, can I use WiFi sync with my iPhone to/from BOTH Macs as an agilebit supported method to keep my Macs in sync? This would be very convenient if so. Would attachments, deletions, etc. be properly sync'd with this method?

PS I realize one can only sync the primary vault to iOS device currently, so this method wouldn't work for additional vaults.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jasper2014,

Thanks so much for writing in with those kind words! I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying 1Password so far.

The system that you currently have in place (keeping your data synced up using a USB drive) might be the best solution for you right now. It is a Known Issue that Wi-Fi sync cannot yet sync attachments. We hope to have this available in the future, but if you do have attachments on your entries, changes to these would not sync via Wi-Fi.

• jasper2014
    jasper2014
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan for the info. I'll keep using the USB drive for now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jasper2014,

I'm glad I was able to help! I'll add a vote to our issue tracker to see if we can't get attachments syncing via Wi-Fi for you soon :)

This discussion has been closed.