Synching via Dropbox with different users - chaging password not working

Options
thomas55218
thomas55218
Community Member

Hi,

my wife and my self are using 1Password and Dropbox. We have only one Dropbox account with different folders. Everybody from us has his own 1password chain.

Dropbox/User1/1Password
Dropbox/User2/1Password

1Password is configured to synch with the chain between different Mac´s and iOS devices.

If I change the password of 1Password from User1 on my iMac, the password is not accepted by all the other devices. It looks like it is not synching.

Is is supported to use 2 wallets on one Dropbox account in different folders?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @thomas55218,

It is currently a Known Issue that your Master Password will not sync to other Macs. For now you will have to update your Master Password manually on your other devices.

Please note that 1Password for iOS is currently configured to look for a particular keychain (your 1Password.agilekeychain) in Dropbox. If you have multiple keychains stored in the same Dropbox account, 1Password 4 for iOS might get confused and try to sync the wrong keychain, which could result in merged databases.

To test if sync is working correctly, please create a test entry on each device ( Test, Mac1 and so on) and confirm that each test entry shows up on all synced machines. If something isn't matching up, please let me know!

• thomas55218
    thomas55218
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Megan,

thanks for your reply.

Could you open a feature request to manage more than one keychain in Dropbox? I moved the keychain from my wife from Dropbox to her local Mac because she is using only one Mac at the moment. We will synch her chain with iCloud (one Mac and one iOS device) and my chain (three Mac´s and three iOS devices) using Dropbox. This should work correctly, right?

Regards,
    Thomas

• thomas55218
    thomas55218
    Community Member
    Options

Now, after remvoing one of the chains (from my wife) from Dropbox, my iOS devices are not able to find the keychain in Dropbox.

The chain is still in Dropbox (Dropbox/User1/1Password). I removed the 1Password app from my iOS devices (because they still pointed to the other one from my wife). After the re-download of the app, the app asks for the location. I configured Dropbox but the app is not able find it. See screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1s0kgr0h561hblp/IMG_5838.PNG

Any idea?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @thomas55218,

Our developers are working hard to bring multiple vaults to our other 1Password platforms. Once this feature is available, it will be a simple matter to store more than one keychain in Dropbox. We're hoping it's available soon, but I do apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Now, 1Password 4 for iOS might be having trouble finding your keychain in Dropbox because you have a non-standard location set up. Please try moving your keychain to the standard location: /Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain and see if the iOS app can find it more easily then.

Let me know how this works!

• thomas55218
    thomas55218
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I changed the location of the keychain and not it is working again.

Thanks,
    Thomas

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @thomas55218,

I'm going to take a wild leap here and assume that you meant "now it is working again." In which case - I'm glad to hear it! This should keep things syncing smoothly until we have multiple vaults ready for iOS. :)

If you have any further questions, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.