Non MAS version - 4.0.7 (407005) >> 1PW4 for Mac auto-submit >> sometimes yes, sometimes no

Options
jmb679
jmb679
Community Member

I could be doing something wrong but 1PW4 auto submits OK for some login items, but not so for other logins . . . even though they are set to auto submit. Is there a known issue here?

Comments

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

For example, eBay . . . auto submit works on Safari but not with Firefox.

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

Another example = Social Security Administration. With Safari, 1PW populates Username and Password but I have to click Sign In button to continue. With Firefox, 1PW does not populate Username or Password. I have to initiate this process and, then, click Sign In button.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @jmb679. I'm sorry Autosubmit is working inconsistently for you with 1P4.

Does Autosubmit fail after using Autofill on an open page in the browser and/or when using Go & Fill to first open a page from 1P main/mini before Autofill runs?

Could you please try disabling the Animate form filling option (if enabled) under Preferences > Browser and see if that makes any difference? Sometimes that can interfere with Autosubmit.

Autosubmit did work here with Firefox (25.0) and 1P4 4.0.9/4.0.1 (main/extension) on the signin.ebay.com page. The https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/ Sign In page is currently in "We're sorry..., Social Security" maintenance so I couldn't test there.

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

I disabled Animate form filling. eBay now works but SSA does not auto submit for Safari or Firefox. I recreated login item for SSA but this did not resolve the problem when using Autofill on an open page and/or Go & Fill from 1P main/mini before Autofill runs.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @jmb679.

Thanks for testing that. Can you confirm whether it's Autofill and/or Autosubmit that isn't working for you with the SSA site? I want to make sure that information is accurate if a bug report is filed. Also, please mention which versions of browsers and OS X you're using in case that makes a difference. Thanks again!

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

Autofill works for both Safari 7.0 and Firefox 25.0 but Autosubmit fails for both.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @jmb679.

I can reproduce Autosubmit failure with the https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/ page using Safari (6.1), Chrome (30), and Firefox (25) on 10.8.5 while Autofill works correctly. Autosubmit success on 10.9 using Safari and Chrome, but not Firefox. Which version of OS X are you using?

Both Autofill and Autosubmit work with any page https://signin.ebay.com redirects to. Are you using a different Sign in page?

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

Mavericks. eBay is OK at this time, not sure why as I did not make a change to eBay login.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the addition info, @jmb679. I've filed a bug about this.

• desperotto
    desperotto
    Community Member
    edited February 2014
    Options

I've also discovered a problem using Safari 7.0.1 (Mavericks) at the https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/ page. There are two "buttons" on that page: one to log into your account and another to create a new account. 1PW 4.1.2 correctly fills in the user name and password, but then I'm automatically directed down the "create a new account" path. If I log in manually, copying the psw from 1PW and pasting onto the form and manually click the log-in button, it works properly. Could 1PW be "clicking" the wrong button? Is there a way to let 1PW fill in the form, but not click the button (I guess that's what you mean by auto-submit)?

• desperotto
    desperotto
    Community Member
    edited February 2014
    Options

I just learned (from another thread) how to turn off auto-submit. Now both Vanguard and SSA are working properly. Instead of a "blanket" yes/no to auto-submit, it would be a nice feature for future 1PW incarnations to make that an option by login entry. Never mind -- I just figured out how to do that. Newbie mistake!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @desperotto,

I'm so glad you found the solution to your problem ... although I'm sorry we weren't able to get here soon enough to assist!

Please let us know if you run into any further snags, we'd be happy to help :)

This discussion has been closed.