Annotate 1, 2, .......... Last Password Characters.

Options
Blond
Blond
Community Member

To log into my Bank Account I'm asked to supply some of the characters from my password, 1st Last Penultimate 5th. Would it be possible to list the numeric position above the password? I'm not asking to automate the entry just save me from getting my fingers and toes out to work out which characters to enter.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2014
    Options

This has been requested a few times since I began following the forums. It seems improbable that 1Password could automate logging in to such sites. What people seem to do now to help with this is to annotate their password with character position numbers below in the notes part of a record.

So, for example:

a s e c u r e p a s s w o r d
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9, etc. (You obviously would need a monospaced font for this purpose. If the forum allows font changes, I haven't discovered how.)

• Blond
    Blond
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your thoughts.

As far as I can tell Notes does not allow the font to be changed. 1PW4 also leaves the Notes field visible. As I said above I'm not worried about automating the process but as I've got older my eyesight has deteriorated and an option to increase font size within 1Password4 would help as well as being able to see which numerical order each password character relates to.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Blond,

Thanks so much for providing your feedback here! As @hawkmoth says, we have heard requests before to help with sites such as this, and I'd be happy to add your vote to the feature request (as well as the request to allow font size changes.) :)

This discussion has been closed.