1Password Network-Machine Problem

Options
bathompso
bathompso
Community Member

When I attempt to use 1Password on my iMac, I am greeted with an empty 1Password mini menu and this screen when I open the full 1Password app:

The only thing I can think of is that my iMac boots from a networked account (I've never had this problem with non-networked computers before). However, my 1Password application and the Dropbox folder which contains my 1Password keychain are both installed on the local hard drive. I can regain all of my items without any problem by simply quitting 1Password Mini and then re-opening the main 1Password app. Is there a way to avoid having to force quit everything every time I want to enter a password?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bathompso,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. I think you're right - it is the network that is causing the problem here.

In 1Password 4, your data is always stored locally (in the Application Support files). When you decide to sync your data via Dropbox, iCloud or Folder Sync, a copy of this data is made and moved to the appropriate location. So, although your Dropbox folder is installed on your local hard drive, 1Password will still need to directly access the local database in your Application Support folder. We are currently tracking a bug where 1Password doesn't handle networked accounts very well, so I'd love to see a bit more information about your system here. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.