Cannot put 1Password on iPhone

Options
pondwater
pondwater
Community Member

I purchased a Family Plan as an upgrade from version 3. This was purchased with the iCloud address of pondwater. I was able to install it on my iMac, iPas, and MacBook. All of these places have the pondwater email. However I cannot put that email on my iPhone and so cannot put 1Password on the iPhone. By using the Family Plan, though, I should be able to do it. How can I do this?

Comments

• Hi @pondwater,

The family license you've purchased is only for 1Password for Mac. To use 1Password on your iPhone, you'll need to buy 1Password for iOS from the App Store. Purchases from Apple are tied to your Apple ID, so you will be able to use the single purchase of 1Password for iOS on any iPhone or iPad you own as long as they are authorized to use Apple ID you made the purchase with.

• pondwater
    pondwater
    Community Member
    Options

It was a purchase for ALL items. Because I had the email for pondwater on my iPad, it installed perfectly there. I do not have that email on my iPhone, xo it cannot look back to that. If I could fix the email, I know it would be ok, but what can I do in the meantime?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pondwater,

I'm sorry for the confusion here, but @JasperP is correct - there is no family pack available for both Mac and iOS. The family license applies to the Mac version (and/or the Windows version, depending on the bundle your purchased.) This is because Apple does not provide us with an easy way to bundle Mac and iOS apps together in a single purchase.

If you did purchase the iOS app as well, you will need to be logged in to the App Store with the same AppleID as you made the original purchase. You can change your AppleID in Settings.app > iTunes & App Store. Just tap on your current login details, sign out, and sign in with your pondwater account. :) Then you should be able to download any mobile apps purchased through that account.

I hope this gets you all sorted out, but please let me know if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.