Feature Request - Ability to change categories

maz
maz
Community Member

This is probably already slated for a future release, however given when you import all of your items from DropBox into the Android Beta it automatically assigns a category to each item, it would be useful to be able to change the category as sometimes the category selected is not correct.

Comments

• aremdee
    aremdee
    Community Member

Can I second this idea? I find that I have created items on the desktop only to have them all end up under the logins category. Some are email accounts that I didn't create as emails when I originally entered them. If I could change the category by editing the item that would be sweet but as it stands at the moment I can't. Most if not all of these items were entered on the Windows 1Password retail version.

• DRHamp
    DRHamp
    Community Member

I agree -- and further, maybe it's me, but I can't figure out how to assign a newly-created login to an existing folder

• Bytor
    Bytor
    Community Member

To move items to a folder;
    1. View the entry
    2. under the name of the item are 3 icons; a foldet, a pencil and a star
    3. touch the folder then select the folder you want the item to be in

• @Bytor is correct in describing how to assign an item to a folder. Thank you for offering your assistance!

As far as the problem with items appearing in the wrong category in the Android beta, can you confirm that this only occurs with items that have had their category switched on the desktop version of 1Password?

This discussion has been closed.