Crashing at entering Master Password

Options
tsavill
tsavill
Community Member

I can't open 1Password 4 for Mac.

1Password crashes when I click the button after typing the Master Password.
I am locked out of all my critical info.
I cannot do my business banking, among other things.

THIS IS CRITICAL & URGENT!!

I am on a 27-inch iMac, late 2013 running OS X 10.8.5 (12F45).
3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7; 8Gb 1600MHz DDR3

Using 1Password 4 for Mac Version 4.2.BETA-2 (420002).

Everything had been working well up until the last upgrade.

Thank you - in advance - for your help.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @tsavill.

I'm sorry 1Password 4 is crashing when you try unlocking it.

Instead of running the beta version with your critical data you might want to run the non-beta version (currently 4.1.3), which can be downloaded from here:

Download AgileBits Software

Then follow the installation instructions, replacing the beta version with it. That won't touch any of your 1Password data.

If you're still having issues please email a Diagnostics Report from your Mac and we'll help you get this resolved as quickly as possible; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• tsavill
    tsavill
    Community Member
    Options

Hi sjk,
    Thanks for help.
    I have installed 4.1.2 which seems to be working.
    4.1.3 had the same problems as the beta version.
    I have sent Diagnostic Reports earlier.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @tsavill.

Are you sure you've installed 4.1.2, the current Mac App Store release? 4.1.3 is the current Agile Web Store release, which shares the same data files with the beta version that was crashing for you.

The MAS version uses separate data files. Are you able to access all your 1Password data now?

Did you email the Diagnostics Report from a different address than you're registered with on this forum, or to a different one than suggested in the instructions post? I haven't been able to locate it yet but someone will and we'll get this all sorted out for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.