1Pass Android observations/bugs

kidatari
kidatari
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Android

First, I'd like to thank the AgileBits team for their hard work on the Android 1pass client. The old app was one of the biggest pain points from my transition from iOS to Android.

That being said, I've found a few bugs.

1. Unable to paste into the password field when creating a new login.
  2. If you switch apps while creating a new login, any existing details that had already been filled will be cleared.
  3. I have several notes with JPG attachments.
    When I try to click on one of the .jpg attachments, I get prompted to open the file as if it was a plain text document. The same behavior exists with other document formats like PDS and XML.

Version: 4.0.0B7 (BUILD 20131229) (9)
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (Vzw) - rooted

Please let me know if you need any other details. Thanks again.

-Josh

Comments

• @kidatari: Let me apologize for the delay in replying to you. You're post was moved to the Android beta forum and it just got my attention.

I would like to help you with the issues that you are experiencing with the beta. Items 1 and 3 may be resolved by updating to the latest version of the beta. Could I get you to download 4.0.0b9 from HockeyApp and check to see if you are still experiencing those two issues?

Although item 2 may seem like a bug, it is in fact a security feature that we have deliberately implemented. In order to keep your data as safe as possible, we try to minimize the amount of it that we keep in memory. With this in mind, we clear any unsaved fields when switching away from 1Password. We recognize that there is a need to find a balance between security and convenience, so we will continue to evaluate this going forward. For now, we recommend saving the newly created login item to preserve any pasted data before switching away from 1Password to copy the value for the next field.

Let me know if this helps!

This discussion has been closed.