iCloud or Dropbox

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Multiple syncing possibilities at the same time (like in iOS).

Comments

• madelinep
    madelinep
    Community Member
    Options

I have an iMac, a Macbook, an iPad and an iPhone. I pay for Dropbox already. I also (naturally) have iCloud.
    Is it best (or simplest or beneficial?) to sync my new 1Password4 installation with: iCloud or with Dropbox?
    Many thanks!
    M.P.

• Hi @madelinep,

It is honestly up to you, but if you're already paying for Dropbox, it suggests you really value it more than iCloud. I'd suggest sticking with Dropbox for 1Password syncing. There are a few benefits of using Dropbox, such as the ability to share a specific vault with your family members over Dropbox.

iCloud doesn't let you share files like you can with Dropbox but it has the benefit that if you get a new Mac or iOS device, all iCloud data will automatically download once you log into your iCloud account and you just have to open 1Password to start using it. This is instead of having to download Dropbox, install it, wait for it to sync, and then open 1Password. Usually, it's not that long but iCloud is more deeply integrated with OS X/iOS to make it more effortless.

Hope that helps. If you have any specific questions, please do share them with us.

This discussion has been closed.