Anchors

Options
1opinion
1opinion
Community Member

It would be great if when you anchor an accounts info, you could "reveal" and/or "copy" the password and for credit cards, "copy/reveal" the verification number. I have to open the main 1P in order to obtain this info. It's a hassle when doing online shopping.

Comments

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

yesss

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Last I heard was when the item is anchored its looses connectivity to 1Password. Thus the reveal etc would not work. But that has been quite some time.

I could see this being useful myself.

Whats interesting to note is if the 1Password app is active then the keyboard shortcut to show/hide passwords is used it in fact works as desired. However the option key does not.

I still think the issue is the app not being front most when you use the anchor feature is the limiting factor.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1opinion and @Gilles9,

Thanks so much for providing your feedback here! While you cannot currently change the concealment of an item after you have anchored it, you can still click the field to copy it to your clipboard. You can then paste it into the required form field on the site, no need to open the main app. :)

• ElGorilla
    ElGorilla
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan unfortunately my credit card website doesn't allow passwords to be pasted in. And since my password is quite a few characters long, I have to open the main App and switch 3-4 times between Chrome and 1Password to reveal the password and type it in. Anchored windows would have been a great way to fix that. Unfortunately the feature in its current state is not really helpful to me. I would really appreciate if you would fix the feature in a future update. Keep up the good work.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @EIGorilla,

I'm sorry that your credit card website is complicating things for you ... however, we can still make your life a bit easier here! Try this:

• Open 1Password Mini
    • Navigate to your credit card entry and view the details
    • Press Option to reveal the concealed fields
    • Click the Anchor icon to keep the window pinned to the front of your screen - with the details visible for easier typing!

:)

This discussion has been closed.