Feedback on Android Beta, detail information retrieving button and fast access to search function

Wei Zixi
Wei Zixi
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Android

First I would thank 1password Android team, the 1password for Android, even though it's beta now, but pretty stable and good for daily use on my Nexus 5 with rooted stock rom.

Yet I have two suggestions:

1) The detail information retrieving button on each fields is now placing on the right of the screen, and relatively small. Considering the edge of the devices nowadays are narrow and the touch accuracy is not that good for android compared to iPhone, so the information through that button is somehow not easy to access,

I think making a larger button, with a more dilly icon would help that, or maybe we could filed itself selectable.

2) For something that not been assigned to favourites, when I want to access them I, I need click the "Categories" tab , then select "All items" or particular category, then I can use the search button on the top right to perform search,

As there is plenty of space left in the left pane, I think maybe a search tab could be added there to fast access the search function,

Or add the search to top most layer on the categories, which would be easier for mobile users.

Comments

• Hi Wei. Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are also really excited to have you as part of the beta program. :)

Here are some of my personal thoughts on the points you brought up:

1) I completely agree. The touch targets are very small and it's quite difficult to tap on. This is something our designer is currently looking into improving. We may even make the whole field clickable instead of having a button on right-side.

2) Improving the search functionality has been brought up several times among the team. We also have a lot of users requesting quicker access to search and/or universal search. I'll pass on your vote for this request.

Thanks again for your suggestions. Let me know if you have any others, hope you're enjoying the beta.

This discussion has been closed.