Any estimate for when Secure Notes will reappear in the browser extension (mini?)

Options
kwoffa
kwoffa
Community Member

I know it is in the 'known issues' list, but I was wondering if you have any idea when it will be fixed? Having easy access to those notes from my browser was really useful, and I miss it in 4.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kwoffa,

Thanks for checking in on us! The decision to not show Secure Notes in 1Password Mini was made to keep things simple and uncluttered in the Mini. Long notes could be difficult to display in the dropdown style of the Mini. I'm happy to add your vote to the feature request, but I can't say much about if/when Secure Notes will be added to the Mini.

I am curious though, what data are you storing in Notes that you need quick access to while web browsing?

• kwoffa
    kwoffa
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, good question.

I think it was when I was on a site belonging to an organisation I am a member of, and I wanted access to my membership number to key into a post I was making, or a form I was filling in. And, although 1Password got me onto the site with my site password login, it didn't have my membership number in the login section because I stored that as a secure note.

I've had version 4 for a while now, and to be honest yesterday was the first time I noticed secure notes was missing from the mini's drop-down. But I still missed it when I wanted it...

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you tried using a custom field for the membership number?

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Please let us know how @Stephen_C's custom fields suggestion works for you, @kwoffa. They can often be a preferable alternative to Secure Note items and notes fields with 1P4. :)

• kwoffa
    kwoffa
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that Stephen. I never even realised I could do that. :\">

It looks like a good idea, but I'll now have to go through all my secure notes -where I've already stored all these extra things for websites- and decide which ones I need to make into custom fields.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The good thing is that notes -> custom fields conversion doesn't need to all be done at once, @kwoffa. :)

• kwoffa
    kwoffa
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, it does! If I don't do things like that all at once I never remember where I'm up to.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Maybe a "where I'm up to" Secure Note item would help you keep track of that, @kwoffa? :)

I do know what you mean about forgetting where you are. Happened to me when returning to clean up data from imported SplashID items I'd started on a few months earlier.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@kwoffa, just an idea...use a tag to tag every item you need to change and remove the tag as you change each one. ;)

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.