how can I access *all* the saved web form details?

Options
DanBrotsky
DanBrotsky
Community Member

In 1Password 3, there was a way to see all the saved web form details from a new saved login, not just the ones that 1Password used to determine the username and password. I relied on seeing all these forms because many of the "create account" pages also had fields to fill out for security questions and answers, and by looking at the saved form details I could remember by answers without doing extra annotation on the login.

In 1Password 4, the pop-up for showing saved web form details does not show any of the fields except the ones 1Password thought were important, and often it gets those wrong (e.g., thinking my security question answer is my user name, when in fact it was my email). I don't see a way of having 1Password show me all the saved form details. But I really need them. Am I missing something here? Or do I need to submit a feature request to restore functionality of the prior version??

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DanBrotsky,

Thanks so much for adding your thoughts here! You're certainly not the only one who misses the old layout of web form details. I can't comment much further than that, but I'd be happy to add your vote to the feature request. :)

• tonari
    tonari
    Community Member
    Options

I don't really understand why functionality would be removed... the web form details was one of the items made 1password powerful... the only real reason that I would spend money on updates, etc. We need to be able to edit the web form details... i thought this would be "obvious"...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tonari,

I'm sorry that this change is frustrating you. I'm happy to add your vote to the feature request as well. Really though, you shouldn't have to edit the web form details. These are the technical details that 1Password uses to fill in on the site. They should get saved correctly when you save your Login. If there are certain sites that are not properly saved, I would recommend trying to manually save a new Login:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know addresses from a few problem so we can do some testing here? If there are sites where the details are not saved correctly, we'd love to see if we can improve 1Password's behaviour. :)

• mikejt
    mikejt
    Community Member
    Options

I don't think you are understanding the problem. PW 3 used to store all the information used to create an account, and you could edit these as needed to have them available for reference at a later time (like all the answers to the secret questions, or account numbers, or ...). Right now they all disappear, except sometimes in the "web form details".

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi guys,

This is currently a known issue:

It is not possible to add new fields to the Web Form Details. Web Form Details is used by the extensions to fill in your data on the Login form. If you'd like to add more fields that are not related to the filling, you should use the custom fields instead.

@JasperP kindly posted a workaround for that.

Did you see @MikeT's reply about the Web Form Details popover, @mikejt? :)

@tonari and @mikejt: Do you have any specific site/page examples where 1P3 saved more field data than 1P4?

This discussion has been closed.