Chrome browser plugin in Chrome 33.0.1750.70 beta-m is being deactivated

Hi,

since today Chrome deactivated my 1Password browser plugin because it didn't come from the Chrome Web Store. Can't even be re-activated. So I deleted it, re-installed it from the agile bits web site and it worked. But after the next Chrome restart it gets deactivated again.

Chrome says since it didn't come from their web store it was probably intalled without my knowledge.

Is there a way around that?

Comments

• dteare
    edited February 2014

Thanks for letting us know, tedev.

It sounds like Chrome has changed the rules on where extensions can be installed from. Only extensions signed by Google can be installed now. More details can be found here if you're interested:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/08/google_chrome_extensions_clampdown/

This shouldn't affect us too much as we're already using Inline Installation for the 1Password 4, 1Password 4 Beta, and 1Password 3 extensions. All of these are already in the Chrome Web Store so you should be fine when installing from there. Just to be clear, you can install directly from our website or from the Chrome Web Store; both will result in the same extension being installed.

Where we have to change things is the 1Password 3 beta. This is only available from our website and I suspect this is the version you are installing. Can you please confirm that? Assuming it is, please try installing the official release version (i.e. non-beta) and see if that solves the issue.

Please let us know how it turns out. Thanks!

• tedev
    tedev
    Community Member

Hi,

yes, in the chrome extensions list it says "1Password Beta 3.9.22.1"

So I'll look for the non-beta version.

Thanks for the support!

• tedev
    tedev
    Community Member

Yes, that was the problem. Just installed the non-beta extension and now it keeps working after a Chrome restart.

Thanks again!

• Great! Thanks for letting us know @tedev!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That's great, @tedev—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.