License

Options
John Raptis
John Raptis
Community Member

I am trying to add my license info, and instead of letting my past my info in there, a dialog box appears.

see image:

Huh?

Comments

• Jasper
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi John,

1Password 4 does not use a license key, it uses a license file. So you need to select your License File using that dialog box.

Details:

How do I add my license to 1Password 4?

Hope that helps! :)

• John Raptis
    John Raptis
    Community Member
    Options

UGH! This is proving to be an incredibly frustrating process. I have wasted an entire day on this.

I have been using 1Password basically since its inception. Bought every copy.

As I was having sync issues, I removed the entire software from all my systems. I downloaded a fresh copy from the Agile site today and got everything working perfectly. Syncing fine now. When I originally purchased version 4 from the App store, I was not provided with any license file.

When I login to Agile to get my license, it says I have only purchased version 3.

So I remove 1password again, reinstall via the App store, and now the syncing issues again.

Over it. This is wasting my time. I'm angry! I'm frustrated! I absolutely give up!

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

App Store version does not require a license (as is standard for App Store purchases). The version purchased from AgileBits does require a license, and you only bought version 3 from them, it seems, so you simply don't have a license for version 4.

If you email AgileBits with a copy of your App Store receipt they will provide you with a license for the direct version without further payment.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi John,

I'm so sorry for the frustration here! I certainly don't blame you for being a bit upset, that is a lot of time to spend on this issue. I think the quickest way to get you sorted out here is to take a closer look at your system to find out just why sync is misbehaving. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you.

Please feel free to message me once you've sent the Report so that I can keep an eye out for it and ensure that you aren't waiting for a reply.

This discussion has been closed.