Vault Location

Options
sye
sye
Community Member

Hey guys,

Glad to get into the beta. It is so nice not to have to use the old one anymore! Love the product.

I'm looking to find out the location of the vault when you don't sync with Dropbox. Is it the standard vault format hiding in /system/ somewhere?

Would love to extract it. Thanks,

Dylan

Comments

• androidBetaTester36
    Options

+1

• I am assuming that you want to do this because you would like to avoid syncing your keychain through the cloud. Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken. For now I will continue based on that assumption...

The problem with this approach is that 1Password 4 uses a different file format for local storage than it does for syncing. The local storage format, however, can vary from one platform to the next. As a result, it will be of little use for you to extract the local storage file. The sync file format, on the other hand, is understood by 1Password 4 on all of our platforms. However, this sync file format is only used on Android when syncing from another platform using Dropbox. Thus, if you don't have Dropbox syncing already enabled, there won't be anything to find.

We understand that many of our users do not want to have their vaults in the cloud. To that end, we are currently looking into other sync options that will give you more flexibility as to how you move your data to and from your Android device. Thank you for your comments and your support!

This discussion has been closed.