Little Snitch and Fill Login shortcut

Options
jimstrong
jimstrong
Community Member

Hi. 1Password was running fine on Safari until I installed Little Snitch last night. First off I got the error message about "Verify browser code signature". Having disabled that in prefs, I then found out that the Command + \ shortcut to "Fill Login on current web page" no longer filled the login or brought up the Mini window; it apparently did nothing at all. The default Lock 1 Password and Show 1Password Mini shortcuts both work OK.

I decided to uninstall Little Snitch, only to find that this did not fix this behaviour - Command + \ at a login screen still does have any effect at all.

I tried putting 127.0.0.1 into Sophos - no change.

The Command + \ keyboard shortcut is not listed in System Preferences.

Any idea what could have happened?

Thanks for any thoughts

Jim

OSX 10.9.1
1Password 4.1.3

Comments

• jimstrong
    jimstrong
    Community Member
    Options

I should have added:-

• Clicking on the 1Password key icon in the toolbar works as expected

• other key combinations in place of Command + \ don't work either

Jim

• Smudge
    Smudge
    Community Member
    Options

I think it is just coincidence that it happened when you installed Little Snitch. I've been using LS and 1P together for years without conflicts.

Unless you are running development/test versions of Safari (or other web browsers), you should not have to disable the "browser code signature" preference. It would be best to turn that back on.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the 1P extension for Safari. If it isn't responding to the keyboard shortcut then the extension isn't installed properly or is disabled. Did you verify the "Enable 1Password" box is checked in the Safari>Preferences>Extensions:1Password screen?

Does the Command+Option+\ shortcut work to bring up the 1PMini dialog (the Key icon in the main menubar)?

Does the Command+\ shortcut work in other browsers (Firefox, Chrome)? assuming that you have them installed and added the 1P extensions of course.

• jimstrong
    jimstrong
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your thoughts!

I think it is just coincidence that it happened
    I've been using LS and 1P together for years

Interesting! Maybe something else is going on - I'll try to think if I've done anything else around the same time.

I remember not being able to use 1Password without disabling the "browser code signature" preference. After removing Little Snitch, 1Password started working without it being disabled.

I've have uninstalled and reinstalled the extension twice and have checked the "Enable 1Password" box.

Does the Command+Option+\ shortcut work

Yes, the default Lock 1 Password and Show 1Password Mini shortcuts both work OK.

Does the Command+\ shortcut work in other browsers (Firefox, Chrome)

No, it doesn't. :-(

I feel it's pointing to a system-wide issue which is why I felt sure it was probably triggered by Little Snitch.

Thanks for the input - it's giving me good food for thought!

Jim

• jimstrong
    jimstrong
    Community Member
    Options

Hey!! You got it in one!! It was Sophos Antivirus - I'd upgraded it earlier in the day and have just removed it - and Control + \ has burst into life!!

Now to reinstall Little Snitch and work out why Sophos is causing the problem.

Thanks for your help!

Jim

• jimstrong
    jimstrong
    Community Member
    Options

...actually, I'm now back to where I came in. Reinstalled Sophos AV and Control + \ worked. Reinstalled Little Snitch - and it stopped working.

Maybe it's a conflict between Sophos and LS.

Jim

• jimstrong
    jimstrong
    Community Member
    Options

Hopefully my last report:- Uninstalled Sophos and reinstalled it - and now have got both Sophos and LS running and "Control + \" working in 1P !!

Jim

• jimstrong
    jimstrong
    Community Member
    edited February 2014
    Options

...and - no - when I closed and reopen Safari, it stopped working again.

This time I re-added 127.0.0.1 to the Sophos allowed websites and I think I am finally there!

Jim

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Jim ( @jimstrong ),

I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get things sorted out here, although I do apologize that we weren't able to get here soon enough to be of any assistance.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you now, but please do let us know if you run into any further snags!

This discussion has been closed.