Browser Code Signature Validation

Options
AppleGuy
AppleGuy
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

I know that Sophos is causing the problem. To fix it I just need to add an exception as explained from your help. But there is one problem, I can't make changes to Sophos. I'm using your product at work, so I have no way to add the exception. Sophos is installed with a Network wide setting that does not allow end users to alter the settings. Only the Network Administrator can change the settings. Is there another way? I'm also use LastPass and it has no problem do the same thing.

Comments

• Thanks for asking! I'll be happy to help :)

As you've found, 1Password 4 has some great new security features, including code signature validation. You can read more about why this is so important in Browser Code Signature Validation under the Why 1Password 4 Uses Code Signature Validation section. As you've also found, other password managers don't have this great feature ;)

Ideally you would update Sophos but since you mentioned that is not an option you can simply turn off the code signature validation in the 1Password > Preferences > Advanced screen. There you'll find a checkbox for Verify browser code signature.

This discussion has been closed.