Nothing's happening

Options
pasalomon
pasalomon
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

I've been using 1Password for years but for the last few days when I click on the KEY icon on my Safari dashboard nothing happens. The drop down menu appears, I click on the name of whatever website I'm trying to submit the name/password combination and nothing happens. No filling in of boxes, no auto submission. I have to copy and paste the information from the drop down menu on every site. Do I need to reinstall? Is this normal? Thanks.

Peter

Comments

• Welcome to the forums, Peter!

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is yet but will be happy to dig in once we know some more details. First things first, we just released an update of the 1Password extensions and sometimes after an update browsers can be left in a bad state. Can you try restarting Safari and seeing if the problem persists?

If that's not it, can you let us know what versions you are using? You can find the 1Password extension version in the Safari > Preferences > Extensions window, and you can find the main 1Password application version in the 1Password > About 1Password menu.

BTW, I edited your original message to remove your email address as I didn't want spambots to find it. I figure you're like us and get too much email already :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pasalomon,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the 1Password extension right now. It sounds like something is blocking the communication between the app and the extension. Do you perchance have any firewalls or proxies installed? Take a peek at our article on Configuring Proxy Settings and see if any of the instructions there get things behaving properly.

This discussion has been closed.