Mac App Store 1Password can't find iCloud vault

Options
brorfred
brorfred
Community Member

I've just installed 1Password on a Mac Pro and have some problems with getting sync to work. 1Password Helper is present and available in the "Apps that store documents and data" tab in systems preferences. When I select iCloud as sync method during first startup, 1Password says that it couldn't find any iCloud info. What to do?

I use 1Password 4.1.2 (412009) and everything works fin on my other mac and my iOS devices.

/Bror

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Bror ( @brorfred),

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting your Mac Pro synced up! Please confirm that you are logged in to iCloud with the same account across all devices, and that Documents and Data is enabled. Because iCloud works on its own schedule, be sure to allow it ample time to sync your database.

If all of these check out and 1Password still isn't finding your data in iCloud, please let me know and we'll investigate further!

• brorfred
    brorfred
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, as I said, 1Password Mini shows up in System Preferences -> iCloud -> Documents & Data. Same account. It's been a couple of days for it to propagate. :-)B

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brorfred,

Thanks for confirming that for me. Let's try resetting sync.

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle iCloud to OFF.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Reboot the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync.

It should work this time, but please let me know if it's still misbehaving for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.