Request: keyboard shortcut for Fill button in 1P mini Password Generator

Options
yujingz
yujingz
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

I was wondering if there's a shortcut to copy a generated password.

Let's say you are doing some registration, you need a new password. You click command+ alt + \ to pop up 1password, find the Password Generator, click right arrow or enter to see the password generating panel. See the attached dropbox pic link

Things are perfect so far, but now, you have to move your cursor over to click that fill button to get your generated password filled and copyed!

This definitely breaks the user's expectation, I'm expecting a shortcut like enter or whatever combination key to get the password copied.

I emailed customer service and they kindly informed me that there's no current solution for this. But they said they forwarded the request to somewhere and suggest me to post here, and here I am.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3wttb0790oeigx/D57A68B0-2A2C-425F-881A-373A144EF8D2.png

What do you guys think? Am I too lazy?

Comments

• Smudge
    Smudge
    Community Member
    Options

I think the request should be renamed to "shortcut to accept generated password" or else it appears you are just wanting a way to copy the generated password but not fill it in the form, which you are wanting in the 3rd paragraph.

Yes there should be a keyboard shortcut to choose the Fill button, either directly with something like Cmd+Return, or allow the user to use the Tab key to jump from the search text box down to the Fill button where they can then press Return to fill.

• yujingz
    yujingz
    Community Member
    Options

thanks @Smudge, thats exactly what i mean

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @yujingz.

I've renamed this topic's title to match your request, like @Smudge suggested. Also noted it with the request we already have in our tracker. Support for keyboard shortcuts in the 1P mini Password Generator is something a lot of us are eager for. :)

• yujingz
    yujingz
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk thank you so much. Looking forward to the new feature!

This discussion has been closed.