Moto X, Android KitKat 4.4, Build number 13.11.1Q2.X-69-3, several issues to report

Jay Holler
Jay Holler
Community Member
  1. I would like to be able to configure the pane the app opens in after it's locked.

2. In the Favorites tab, if I tap on the menu button on an individual login item in the list, and choose "copy", it copies the username field rather than the password field.

3. When viewing an individual login item, tapping the triangle button to the far right to copy/reveal an element is difficult. This seems to be attributed to the fact that the tap element is split in half by the line which is below the label of the field. Very unintuitive, when you see a triangle, you tap on the actual triangle which means you're only covering less than half of the button so it fails to trigger the menu popup. That button could be more distinct.

4. Feature request: not sure if this is even possible, but on the iOS version there is an API for developers to include a 1Password button in their password field so you can bounce over to 1Password and copy/paste the password into the other app. Any chance that is something planned for Android? I imagine since Android supports more interoperability between apps that it would be possible to do something that is better integrated with third party apps.

5. When I first open the app after the lock timeout has been reached (requiring entry of the master password) the app shows the Favorites view. There should be a search button on the top navigation bar that allows searching of all elements stored in 1Password. In the current configuration, I have to tap the back button on the top left to view the left side menu, tap Categories, tap All Items, and then FINALLY I can tap search. It should be available universally in all views except maybe individual item views.

Thanks for all the hard work on this app, it was one of the major reasons I was able to switch from iOS to Android.

Comments

• Thank you for the feedback. You have voiced several popular requests (setting or remembering the last active tab, the copy/reveal mechanism, and universal search). In fact, these are some of our most popular requests, so you are in good company here. I will add your votes to the appropriate tallies for these issues.

Your request for third-party app login integration is not a common request, but an excellent idea nonetheless. While I can't make any promises that something like this will be available at release, I will definitely suggest that we add it to our roadmap.

• Jay Holler
    Jay Holler
    Community Member

Awesome, thanks for letting me know! Love 1Password, great product, and agilebits has always been very responsive to questions/issues. Keep up the great work!

• Thank you for the support and the suggestions!

This discussion has been closed.