How to recover deleted files [Do not use "cleaner" apps with 1Password]

Options
JanetH
JanetH
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

Since upgrading to the latest 1 Password, I have had two 1 Password applications, I decided to delete the older one using clean app, now I can't access my information on my desktop computer, I can on my mobile device.
I have looked in the trash, and there are many 1 Password files, but I am not sure how to restore them.
Any help would be appreciated, I use this program constantly.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @JanetH

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. The first thing I want to point out is that we highly recommend against using any sort of "cleaner" or "uninstaller" apps with 1Password. They tend to delete 1Password's data along with the application, as you've found.

Before going any further here could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.