Password doesn't update right away after edit.

Options
Lyman
Lyman
Community Member

When you edit the password of an entry and save it doesn't update the password until you go back once and come back to the login entry.
If you just save and stay on that entry and click Reveal/Copy it will be the old password.

Also, there was once where I clicked Edit, but none of the text fields became editable. I had to back out and try again for it to work. I don't remember how this bug was produced.

Comments

• Mgs0008b221
    Mgs0008b221
    Community Member
    Options

I can reproduce it by creating a new login, saving it before I fill all the fields, then without leaving the new entry try to edit again. Have to back out to the list of items then go back to the entry to edit successfully.

• Hi @Lyman and @Mgs0008b221,

Could I ask the two of you to confirm that this occurs on beta 8? We released a new version of the beta this week that had many fixes in it. If you haven't already, could you install that version and try to reproduce this issue again. Thanks in advance!

• Mgs0008b221
    Mgs0008b221
    Community Member
    Options

It does not, but it does still wipe your entries if you switch to another app before saving the login.

• So it sounds to me like beta 8 resolves this issue. I'm glad to hear this!

Of course, the entries being wiped when switching apps before saving is a separate issue and this has been brought to the attention of our development team.

• Mgs0008b221
    Mgs0008b221
    Community Member
    Options

+1 to that.

• Mgs0008b221
    Mgs0008b221
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

Well just did it again on Beta 8.

Reproduction:
    Create login, filled title, username, and password.
    Used password generator to create password.
    Copied password from generator to fill in app.
    Did not fill website or other fields.
    Saved login.
    Used android so switcher/recent apps to switch to so and full login and password.
    Switch back to 1PW and try to edit login.
    Went into edit mode but no fields were editable. Still have save and cancel dialog though.

Edit/Update:
    Went back to login list, then reselected to try and edit again. All fields I had initially filled were wiped, and every time I went into edit and saved/canceled all fields were duplicated in the login. Backing out of the login and reselecting corrected the duplicates.

Screenshot coming.

Edit 2:

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/yixi4xpzrxihmt6/-1Xaftosp2

• This sounds like a similar issue that we're currently investigating. Thank you for providing those detailed steps to reproduce the issue. I'm going to add them in a note to the development team.

• _timm
    _timm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I reported a similar bug yesterday via email. Got a response today (thanks!) but just responded with some more details that are similar to the above bug outlined by Mgs0008b221. In my case, I don't seem to be able to create a new Login item via my device at all - the app allows me save the item without issue, but when I go back and look at it, the username and password fields are blank (the name and URL are retained). Same when I open the item via 1Password 4.2 BETA1 on my Mac.

All other items are saved correctly - just the Login items that appears to be bugging out for me. There's more details in my email.

Cheers,
    Tim

• saad
    Options

Hey @_timm! Just wanted to let you know, we got your email with steps to reproduce it, our developers are currently looking into it. Thanks!

• _timm
    _timm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @saad - glad to be of assistance and excited to see the Android beta take shape! Keep up the good work :)

• saad
    Options

No problem! Thanks so much for your support. :)

• davidn
    davidn
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Agile; I'm running 1PW mac 4.1.2 (412009).

Just had to search for and troubleshoot the not-backing-up issue, which persists in this version of the MAS app. For days I'm rebuilding my 1PW data (long story) and apparently NO BACKUPS were made. I tried to manually backup and nothing happened. I clicked "Show Files" and the folder was empty. After searching here I restarted the Mini and now backups occur. That itself is a BIG PROBLEM, but not the reason for this thread.

Now that at least Backups appear to be happening, the .agilekeychain on Dropbox is not updating. Last change is 12 Feb, and it's now the 16th. I've made dozens of edits. When I make a change, the Dropbox icon in the status bar shows activity, completes, and the keychain file still shows an old "Date Modified".

Why does that file appear to update but not change its modification date in Dropbox?

• Hi @davidn,

I'm sorry to hear that you were having difficulty with backups but I'm glad to hear that you were able to get that issue resolved.

As far as the modification date goes, my initial guess is that the issue isn't quite what it seems. The 1Password.agilekeychain file is not actually a "file" but rather a folder. It appears as a file in OS X because it has been declared as a package and thus the system allows you to treat it like a file. On systems that don't support the package setting (I believe it may be specific to OS X), it will simply show up as a folder.

Since 1Password.agilekeychain is a folder rather than a file, it's modification date changes according to the rules for a folder. These rules are dependent upon the filesystem being used and can vary from system to system. As a result, the modification date of the 1Password.agilekeychain "file" will not necessarily match the modification date of the most recently modified file within its folder hierarchy.

In my case, I most recently modified my keychain on February 14, 2014. If I navigate through the folder structure of 1Password.agilekeychain, I can find files that have a modification date of February 14, 2014. However, my 1Password.agilekeychain "file" has a modification date of January 13, 2014. Despite this misleading modification date, all of my keychain items are syncing properly across all of my devices.

I hope this explanation helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.