Issue with password fill of bank website???

Options
chrisbog
chrisbog
Community Member

So, I use a bank called ESB Bank. www.esbbank.com. Once I enter the username, the website redirects me to web2.secureinternetbank.com where I would enter my password. So there are two issues:

1) When I go to ESBBank.com and then use the 1 password extension, it knows my site and I click on it and it submits my username.
2) After the username is submitted, there are two problems:
2a) 1 Password prompts me for a dialog box that says "Save as new Login" - I'm not sure why since 1 password already has the entry.
2b) When 1 Password enters the password it almost looks like it is incorrect in to the bank site.

In my ESB Bank profile in 1Password, I have listed both websites. However, it will never login me with the correct passwords and it always prompts me to save a new password.

I have seen this behavior with other financial sites as well.

The behavior is the same under Safari or Firefox.

Any idea?

Chris

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @chrisbog

Could you please try manually saving each page into 1Password? Please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Navigate to the web page in question using your web browser of choice.
    2. Enter your username, password, and any other required fields if applicable (security code, PIN, etc), but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the vault button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Click the “Save new login” option, and then change the title (if desired).
    5. Click the Save button.

As in this particular case the login process spans multiple pages you will need to do this on each page.

I also typically recommend setting auto-submit to off for these kinds of logins, which you can read about here.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2014
    Options

@bwoodruff - Do some web sites prevent automatic filling of login forms? For me the issue is at www.pinnbank.com. I can copy and paste my username into the field that is displayed, but I have not been able to get 1Password to autofill that information either with Cmd-\ or by clicking the key in Safari. I just attempted to save a new password manually as suggested above, but that appears to have made no difference. If I start from the main 1Password application and click chose the open and fill option for the URL, I am taken to the right page, but once more, no fill. I also tried choosing the option to never submit the credential.

Incidentally, the page displayed after this one is for entering the password for the accounts. On that page, autofill and auto submit work fine.

Oh, and I'm using Version 4.2.BETA-8 (420008) of the main application and 4.2.0.b3 of the Safari extension under OS X 10.9.1.

• Ben
    Options

@hawkmoth

I had no difficulty getting 1Password to save and fill the username field on the first page of the login. Unfortunately I cannot test further than that. I'd suggest trying the latest stable version, as that is what I'm using and where it worked.

Thanks!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff - Ah, yes! Returning to version 4.1.0 of the Safari extension solved that problem.

@dteare - There is still an autofill problem with 4.2.0.b3. I'll refrain from double posting to the Mac Beta forum.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

However, b4 fixes the issue.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

Thanks for letting us know that the latest beta is behaving nicely for you! Our developers have been working hard on polishing up the extension, it's great to hear that the work is paying off :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2014
    Options

@Megan, you may have read elsewhere in the forum that I reported that b5 broke this again, at least for auto submit to my Google accounts. I've never had auto submit work for my bank.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

Unfortunately, the Mac forums here have been keeping me rather busy lately and I haven't had much time to peruse the beta forums, which I assume is where you've made the post about the b5 extension.

Thanks for being such an avid tester, it's great to have people like you checking our work! I'll be sure the developers hear about the latest results.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan - I only brought it up so you would know too. My issue has indeed been noted in the beta forum, where most of the traffic is located.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

Thanks for keeping me in the loop! :)

This discussion has been closed.