1Password 4 Safari Extension asking me to "Buy 1Password now!"

Options
tfraley
tfraley
Community Member

Good day Guys,

I just reinstalled 1password on my mac and its asking for for me to Buy 1Password not in the Safari Extension

I have been a long time 1password user and have even beta tested a few version. My purchase was through the App Store on day one of release their.

All that being said
Safari is show version 4.1.0 in the extension manager
I am using 1password version 4.1.2

I have tried the beta version of the extension once and noticed the buy prompt then. But I have uninstaed restarted and installed the final version since and still see the buy prompt.

is the extension buggy because of trying the beta?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tfraley

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We have a topic available on this here:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/19457/license-prompt-in-1password-for-mac-beta#latest

In the future if you have beta related questions, for organization's sake, please post them in the Mac beta forum:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/categories/1password-4-for-mac-(beta)

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask. Thanks!

Ben

• tfraley
    tfraley
    Community Member
    Options

I do not have beta installed any longer which is why I figured to post here.

I have download from MacStore and installed extension through that version and still shows buy prompt in extension. (app is fine)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tfraley,

If you're using the release version, than posting here is fine. Ben is right though, this issue has commonly been found with beta users. So it sounds to me like you might still have a beta version of the 1Password Mini hanging around on your system. When you uninstalled the beta, did you follow the directions here to ensure that the beta Mini was shut down? If not, there are instructions on that page on how to remove this extra Mini so that it stops pestering you to buy something that you have already purchased.

Let me know if these steps help :)

• tfraley
    tfraley
    Community Member
    Options

Megan,

Thank you the terminal commands in that post seemed to do the trick.

Thanks..

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tfraley,

I'm glad to hear that you're all sorted! If you run into any other snags, we're happy to help :)

This discussion has been closed.