"Expand Search to All Fields" - request

Options
Gabe S.
Gabe S.
Community Member

Hi.

I just upgraded to 1Password4 Mac recently. I was using the previous version 3 quite a bit. The previous version allowed you to search everything all the time. In this new version 4, it doesn't search all the fields.......you have to click an extra "Expand Search to All Fields" box to search everything-------every time......I find this to be inconvenient and annoying, because for some reason what I'm searching for never shows up in the initial search. And even if I click on "All Items", I still get "Expand Search to All Fields".........argh! I feel like in v4 we've taken a step backwards in terms of searching convenience.

Can you please set up a Pref that allows the search feature to search All Fields all the time?

Thanks.
-gabe

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Gabe,

I'm sorry that you've been frustrated by search lately. However, the 'Search All Fields' option is still here for you! Just click on the magnifying glass in the search field to see your search options, without having to wait for the 'expand search to all fields' button :)

• Gabe S.
    Gabe S.
    Community Member
    Options

haha thank you! I looked everywhere I could think of. Unfortunately, I did not realize that the magnifying glass was a drop down menu......that's a bit of an overly sneaky menu. Anyway, thank you for clarifying that.

Cheers.
    -gabe

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Gabe,

I'm sorry that the menu is a bit sneaky, but I do hope it makes your search experience a lot more efficient now that you know where it is! Please do let us know if you run into any further snags - we're here to help!

• Gabe S.
    Gabe S.
    Community Member
    Options

You guys are great! I love using 1Password. Honestly, I was just talking to a tech friend of mine, recommending it. He's been using a spreadsheet to store all his logins---hahaha! How retro of him! :D

Cheers.
    -gabe

• Gabe S.
    Gabe S.
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, I have one more question: why isn't there any Undo when you type something? When I'm in the Secure Notes section, and I add or delete some text, if I make a mistake, there's no undo, except to Cancel, but that would mean I would lose everything. Is it possible to add an undo feature to typing?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank for your kind words, Gabe! I had one of those using-spreadsheet-for-passwords friends who did eventually migrate from his retro ways to 1Password. :)

General support for Undo/Redo is in our issue tracker and I've included your vote for it.

This discussion has been closed.